Bursledon Brickworks

Bursledon Brickworks Industrial Museum is open on Thursdays
10.00 - 16.00, April - Nov incl.
Adult: 3,Concessions 2 Accompanied Child: 1
 
And on special themed Sunday open days throughout the year
Adults:5 - Concessions 4 - Accompanied children 2 Family ticket (2 adults + 2 children) 12
 
Well behaved dogs on leads welcome
see website for details


THESE LINES HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED
 
 
 
 

Become a friend of the Bursledon Brickworks

Support the Trust by becoming a Friend today. For more information visit our Friends Page or go to the Bursledon Brickworks website.

History of the Brickworks

Bursledon Brickworks was founded in 1897 by Mr Ashby. The surviving buildings are the main part of the southern complex which at its height was producing 20 million bricks a year. The northern complex, dating from 1903, was demolished a few years ago as it was becoming a dangerous structure and the site is now being developed for the Civil Aviation Authority flight control centre.
 
The brickworks was a family run concern until after the Second World War when it was amalgamated with the Sussex and Dorking Brick Company and became Redlands Limited in 1959.
 
[For More Information see www.bursledonbrickworks.org.uk]
Hampshire Buildings Preservation Trust Ltd.
Company No. 1220519 - Registered Charity No. 269378
Site designed and hosted by Community Internet Services